Tuesday, September 3, 2013

There is No "I" in Team!


Wow! It was so great to be able to meet many of you last week at Curriculum Night. If for some reason you were not able to attend our classroom session, do not worry. Last week, I sent home our packet of information home with your child. Feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have.

My objective for this school year is to help your student have a positive and successful 3rd grade year.   In order to make this happen, it is vital for students, parents, teachers, and administrators to work together as a TEAM.   Without a doubt, as parents, you are your child's most important teacher.   As a result, your input and support is so appreciated throughout the year.  

Having good and effective parent/ teacher communication is extremely important for getting to know your child and to having a successful school year. The best way to get a hold of me is through email (Dhynek@sd25.org). I try very hard to read my e-mail at least once in the morning and once after school.

Because my number one priority during the school day is working with your child, please understand that I cannot always answer your e-mail during school hours. If you have a message that needs to get to your child before the end of the school day, be sure to direct those requests to the office first (ex.: Johnny needs to go home with Mr. Jones today; Ellie's gym shoes are in the office, etc.). The office staff will then happily direct your message to me before the end of the day.

If ever you would like me to contact you over the phone, please send me an e-mail of the various times that I can get a hold of you both before and after school. I will try my best to be able to call you within 24 hours during school week hours.

Although it's sometimes easy to do, I would greatly appreciate it if parents do not make unexpected "drop-ins" to our classroom during school hours. This rule needs to also be respected before and after school. Many times when parents do this, I may be in the middle of preparing and setting up the classroom for the school day, in the middle of a lesson with students, or on my way to a meeting or school duty. In addition, it it important to me to respect the privacy of your child. As a result, I do not feel comfortable discussing any concerns you may have about them in front of their classmates. If you have a major concern about your child, I am always more willing to schedule a before or after school appointment with you. Please feel free to contact me through e-mail to make an appointment.

I appreciate your help with open communication about your student. Here's to a great 3rd grade year!

No comments:

Post a Comment